This is an effort to replicate our occasional fresh specimen meetings, except the fresh specimens will be pictures you provide and hopefully a spore print. Please submit photos for up to five specimens. These pictures should include:
- Overall picture of the specimen (maybe with a ruler or dollar bill for scale)
- Underside of the specimen
- Show or tell us how it is connected to soil, tree, rock or other surface
- Spore print is optional, though very useful
- Tell us the county or state where it was found.
Please email these images to IllinoisMyco@gmail.com with the subject: Fresh Specimen.
Handouts referenced during the talk: Identification Characteristics. We will do our best to make this interactive, so have available on your side identification books, websites and keys. For example: https://www.mushroomexpert.com/major_groups.html
Unless we run into a technical issue, this program will be simulcast on facebook and the chat monitored.
If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Lambrecht at 847-432-8209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IMA annual membership is $20 for individuals and $25 for families.
1) Events Chair